Yup, it’s a fact – Parents are more concerned this year about learning loss due to all of the school disruptions caused by the pandemic. I know I have been! It’s hard to believe that this school year is already coming to a close. I’m having serious heart palpitations about making sure the boys stay on track during summer break! Online summer school is a convenient and flexible way to give students the boost they need and make up any lost ground.
I was happy to find out that Pearson Online Academy was a fantastic option for us, should we need it. I never want our kids to stop learning and growing, which is why education is such an important topic in our home. One thing I’ve realized time and time again is that learning is not a one size fits all situation. Everyone has their own pace, and it’s not a race. Looking at just my four, you can see such a different learning style between each of them. No two thrive in the same way. What’s become a strength for one, can very be the next one’s weakness and I know many of you feel the same way about your kids.
I’ve been looking into different remote and online learning options since we were forced to complete virtual learning at the end of last year. Being a WAH mama, I know that I LOVE any support that I can get when it comes to schooling my children at home. It’s not always an ideal situation for us, but I’ll do anything to make sure my kids are learning the skills they need to thrive in an ever changing world. That’s one reason why I wanted to share a closer look into Pearson Online Academy. The curriculum provides flexibility for students to learn at their own pace. Parents get to be involved in their student’s education but they are not the teacher. For me, it’s comforting to know that there are more options for continuing education this summer.
What is Pearson Online Academy?
Pearson Online Academy, is a U.S.-based accredited virtual private school. POA has now opened enrollment to K-12 students across the country and abroad for their 2021 online summer school. Families are invited to register for the fully online program where students can choose from more than 100 core, elective, and NCAA-eligible courses, with rolling start dates beginning June 1 through July 2, 2021.
How does it work?
Students who enroll in summer school online with Pearson Online Academy will work with experienced teachers specially trained to teach in the online environment, utilize an easy-to-use learning portal, and have the flexibility to pursue academic excellence while accommodating busy summer schedules.
What classes do they offer?
Pearson Online Academy’s summer school course options include:
- Summer Smarts Math and Reading Programs gives kindergarten through eighth grade students a chance to review foundational skills and keep sharp for the new school year.
- Elementary and Middle School Courses offer younger students an opportunity to learn English or Math core concepts, to learn a new language, or begin exploring career interests.
- Original Credit Courses encourage high school students to satisfy graduation requirements, explore their interests or accelerate their academic progress.
- High School Credit Recovery Courses ensure students earn the credits to move forward and acquire the skills to succeed.
- High School Honors Courses and Advanced Placement Courses in grades 9-12 provide students with rigorous assignments for enrichments, honors credits and Advanced Placement(R) (AP) courses. Teachers engage students in discussion and facilitate independent exploratory projects.
Is online summer learning right for your family?
Summer school enrollment opens on the heels of a new opinion poll released by Pearson that found parents see a future with online education in an increasingly digital world. The 2021 Parent Pulse Report, released in March, found that 60 percent of families will consider staying with online school even after the pandemic has ended and 76 percent of parents who took a more active role in their child’s online education over the past year found the experience “gratifying.”
If you’re seriously considering Pearson Online Academy and want to learn more about their online summer school for grades K-12, you can visit the school’s website or contact an admissions advisor at 877-804-6222.
I hope you all have a safe and productive summer!
Thanks to Pearson Online Academy for sponsoring this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.